Monday, February 2, 2009

A New Journey


So many people keep asking how we are doing, so I thought I might journal some of the new journey. I guess right now I say, "It stinks"!!!! I never thought I see the day when I would kiss my husband goodbye on his way to file for unemployment. Mark has been such a trooper so far. His constant faith and drive to live what he has preached for so long has sooo encouraged me. Yesterday at church several prophetic words were given and I have found them popping in my head today when I feel I might get discouraged. One of them has been given to me three times now by different people. It is James 1:2-4, "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces STEADFASTNESS. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be prefect and complete, lacking in nothing." That is my heart's desire as I sit and write this. Even though it stinks right now my heart is crying out for His full work during this trial be done in my life. And may HE alone receive all the glory before, during and after this trial!!! Another picture that continues to go through my mind is the Lord reaching His hand out to me calling me to leave the comfort of my life and walk in faith on water with Him. (Matthew 14:28-33) So if you see me looking at the wind, growing afraid and sinking, I welcome your encouragement to see the Son of God!!!!!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Hey Mrs. Pfaller, I have been praying for you guys! I just wanted to thank you for being such a great example to me when you teach our class, and just when I see you. You really do live out God's word, and it's such a great example to me =]

I hope you can be comforted by God's word in knowing that God does not waste trials!

thanks again for being an example to me.

love,
Abby Schlosser