Thursday, February 12, 2009

Before the Cross

Last night in family worship, we sang "Before the Cross":
Before the cross I humbly bow
I place my trust in the Savior
Your finished work
Captures my gaze
You bore the wrath
I know the grace
After we sang I realized that even in the hardest trial, God has already filled my greatest need. He lived a perfect, sinless life and took the punishment that I deserved. Even now that my life is not as comfortable as I would like it, I can certainly say, "I am better than I deserve". It also brought joy to my heart as I listened to my children pour out their heart to God. They are really trusting in the Lord for provision. I pray the Lord reveals more of His great love to them and they always remember how the Lord met every one of their needs!!!

No comments: