Tuesday, May 12, 2009

HE is changing her heart!!


I was so thankful for the reminder this week that the Lord is working in my sweet little girl's heart!! As we were walking through Kohl's the other day, Mika was not behaving very well. She was begging for a toy, not staying with me, and was not respecting me with her words. For a minute I was letting this behavior slide when the Lord so graciously pointed me to my laziness in not correcting her. I knelt down in front of her to whisper that her behavior was sin and she was not bringing glory to God. Normally, Mika would stop the behavior, but it would be obvious that her heart was not changed. This time was different, she immediately became very repentent and asked to hold my hand so she could stay with me. I was excited about the quick change. That night at dinner as we were telling daddy what happened, I thanked her for her quick change in behavior. She told me and Mark, "When mommy said I was sinning, God told me He wanted to change my heart, and my heart started beating hard and fast. That is why I stop acting bad." Mark and I just sat and stared at each other. We were both soooo grateful that the Lord is opening her eyes. We knew that could only come from Him. I need to be more faithful and quick to discipline her, but God is the one that is changing her. I am in AWE of HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

that is so sweet! i miss riding home w/ you guys!