Thursday, March 12, 2009

Three Treed BIG TIME!!!

I know this title may seem foreign to most, but most Sovereign Gracers know exactly what it means. Thanks to my very loving Father, who hates sin, my very caring husband, who is not scared to comfront my sin, and much examination, by me the sinner, I have unfortunately been producing some bad fruit recently in this trial. I do know how many times this week I have said, "I just want my life back." Which in turn the Lord so lovingly showed me that I was like the Isrealites complaining and saying they just wanted to go back to Egypt. I have always thought how silly that was, until I found myself begging for the riches of slavery and denying God's plan. (Numbers 11:1-15) I haven't stood up under the temptation and preached the gospel to myself in the last week. I have not let His presence be my yearning. I was so grateful because God did not let Mark stop there, we went on to look at 2 Corintians 1:1-12. Iknow in this life my trials will never be as hard as Paul's, but I am grateful that he wrote about them so that we can share in the comfort. Please be praying that I will see God's mercy and comfort (verse 2-4), His deliverence (verse 10), and His grace to affect my conduct (verse 12). That it would bear good fruit. It hasn't stopped me from praying for quick deliverence from the trial, but it has made me pray once again to walk in faith trusting in Him for deliverence in His perfect plan!!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

oh what grace! every major trial i've faced in my short years as a believer have only brought me closer to the Lord. He is so kind in His awesome sovereignty! still praying!

Michelle said...

Now that the trial is over, I see your struggle. It reminds me of the Lord's perspective. I know He lovingly showed you more of Himself. How encouraging to hear you go to the Bible and find fresh hope there. That motivates me.
Michelle