Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So Thankful!!

Since I have been blessed in the fact that my mother-in-law is doing all the cooking for Thanksgiving, (which I am thankful for) I have had more time to ponder what I am thankful for this year. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful family. An awesome husband who loves, serves, and dies to himself daily to care for us. Three children who are a joy to parent everyday. The ability to stay home to care for my family and homeschool my children. I am sure like most of you I am most thankful for my Saviour. It never ceases to amaze me that One so holy would lay down His life for me. This morning the Lord lead me to this gentle reminder in Andrew Murray's book, Humility:
"With Christ, who committed His Spirit into the Father's hands, humble yourself and descend each day into the perfect, helpless dependence upon God. God will raise you up and exalt you. Every morning, sink in deep, deep nothingness into the grave of Jesus. Every day, the life of Jesus will be manifest in you."
WOW! I pray that will be my heart's cry, to depend on Him and lay down my life daily that He will be lifted up. I'm so thankful that my Saviour provided the way. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: