Wednesday, October 15, 2008



What a blast! Makenzie, Caleb, and I went with some friends horseback riding today. This was the first time the kids had ever ridden a horse that was not attached to a pony circle. They each brushed and saddled their own horse. After a short lesson they were out walking and trotting in the arena. They both had very energitic horses. The owner pegged me well and put me on Cole, a 22 yr old horse. We got along great. After playing in the arena we went on a very hilly trail ride. When we were done we each unsaddled our horse and brushed them out. They have not stop talking about it yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to be so far yet so close to your family! Look forward to keeping up with those adorable kids! Thank you for sharing! :)

Amanda said...

I'm so jealous!! I'm sure Michelle will be too. We've both wanted for so long to be friends with horse owners and get to ride like that :o)